HOLD ME

I made a post on this blog when I first heard Tom Odell, saying that he was definitely one to look out for, after he performed his melancholy piano ballad 'Another Love' on Jools Holland in December.
Four months and one BRIT award later, and he's released his third EP 'Hold Me'.

I love soppy love ballads as much as the next person, but Odell is a 22-year old guy, and when this song opens with choppy piano chords and expressing the passion of young love when he sings, "Suddenly I'm standing on a treetop up so high/ And all the songs, and all the poets, suddenly they're right".
This is clearly a man experiencing the heights and power of love, and while it can be a bit needlessly shouty at times, its a song that you find yourself singing along with during your first listen, and I can see this going far as a summer anthem.



xxxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.