i never did anything out of the blue

I've made numerous failed attempts at posts this week, and it's because i have simultaneously done a lot and nothing at all this week.



First of all I had my last day of school on thursday. There was a lot of mixed emotions (mainly because I love  most of the people in my classes and some of the teachers but hate the senior teachers) and I'd rather make a separate post once I've gathered my feelings.

So rather than making a personal and emotionally stirring post, I decided to talk about music I like 
Because why the hell not.

If you live in England and wasn't watching BBC2 for the majority of the evening then I am seriously judging you right now:


because you missed an amazing documentary about five years in the hayday of one David Bowie, followed by the bizarre Bowie film 'The Man Who Fell To Earth', and it really just renewed my unhealthy love of a man fifty years my senior. But, in all honesty, how is anyone supposed to resist those cheekbones, and that accent and his sultry vocals???

This is one of my favourite, less well known songs by him, from before he went all glammed up with loads of makeup and other shizz:


Just for funzies, here's some other songs I'm really into at the moment.

Beach Bummer by Houndstooth
I heard this song today on BBC 6Music, Houndstooth have a really unique sound and if they can get enough publicity I can see great things happening to them within the indie music scene.


If I Had A Heart by Fever Ray
I downloaded this song a while ago as part of a fanmix, and recently I put my iTunes on shuffle late at night and ALMOST SHAT MYSELF WITH FRIGHT. Of course, ever since, I've learnt to love it for it's creepy, archaic sound, but if you don't want to freak yourself then please don't listen to it when you're alone in a room, or you will suddenly be aware of every shadow in every corner!

Laura Palmer by Bastille
I really wish I was at Radio 1's Big Weekend where this band were playing!
You've probably heard of Pompeii by them, but I would definitely recommend checking out the rest of their debut album Bad Blood as EVERY TRACK is uber catchy!

xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.