something good tonight made me forget about you for now

Two days ago I got home from seeing alt-j live at Brixton Academy and I tried to write up something about it but OH MY GUS.

It would be far too easy to say naive teenage cliches about how 'i felt infinite' (although Perks is one of my favourite books), but I really don't know how to put into worlds all of the emotions I was feeling.

Well, first of all, if you haven't heard of Alt-J and don't have a clue what I'm rambling on about, then go and listen to some of their music. Maybe listen to it a few times. Then a few times more, so that you're really familiar with it. Now imagine standing at the front of a full, crowded room with lights streaming and the grimey riffs shaking your chest and you'll only touch the surface of how intensely sensational they were.

Of course, their music is amazing, and Joe Newman (the lead singer) had a flawless live voice, but what really makes alt-J work, is how connected they all are. You can tell just by looking at them that they are four very close friends, and that comes across by the way that they can count themselves in to acapella songs with a few silent taps of one of their feet, after which they effortlessly ease into breathtaking harmonies.

Observe in the following video: 

Actual footage from the concert!!!
And to make it even better, alt-j are the first band to use this new app called Soundhalo where the whole concert was filmed in high definition, and you can visit their website and download all of the performances!
addieharriett:

Alt-J at Brixton. Wicked gig!
Pictures courtesy of tumblr, I was *chortle* too close to the front to take pictures
kudos to gusungerhamilton on tumblr for these gifs
xxx

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh I am incredibly jealous and that is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to see them in 2 or 3 weeks an I am really excited now!!! :) great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, i hope you have fun! they are OUTSTANDINGLY BRILLIANT live, so I'm sure you'll love them :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.