THIS WAS THE TIME OF NO REPLY

I had a party yesterday (which I'll make a post about later) so my whole week has been centered around getting everything ready, hence the lack of posting, but I just felt the need to make a post about Nick Drake.

I hadn't really heard of him until my dad bought his album 'Pink Moon' for my mum's birthday. I then read 'The Perks of Being A Wallflower', and one of the protagonists' mixtapes included a really sweet song called 'Time of No Reply', and decided to put my mum's album onto my iPod.

It's perfect for those lazy, rainy days inside when you want to relax, so if you fancy having a listen, the entire 'Pink Moon' album is free for streaming on YouTube, and I would definitely recommend that you spare half an hour to allow your entire perspective on life to be transformed by the beauty of his voice and instrumental arrangements.



As for Nick Drake himself, he suffered from depression and died of an overdose of anti-depressants when he was only twenty six. While his life may have been cut short, his music will live on for generations.


xxxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.