i wish i was a punk rocker (with flowers in my hair)


Apparently florals are going to be big this spring. For a change.
All cynicism aside, I am a big fan of floral print (as my friends will tell you when they had to prise me off of a pair of floral Dr Martens that I would have spent all of my Christmas money on) - I love the way that it can be grunged up or can be used to accentuate femininity. And I don't just mean for women - in light of reading Tara's article about gender stereotypes (which is well worth a read), I'm going to include some pictures of men rocking the floral trend, because who says that flowers and nature are just for women?
So here's some pictures that should inspire you to follow the floral trend, no matter what your gender is. Because why the fuck should it matter?



“I don’t know why I do it. You know, dresses and wear lipstick. Gives me some sort of comfort. Some kind of satisfaction. And people call me a queer for it. Since I was eleven. But that’s alright. I’m not so new to ridicule. Out of all things, I hate rape and perversion. Rape the action, perversion the words. Maybe some people just don’t have a heart.”

hansolospants:

John William Waterhouse, Ophelia, 1889
John William Waterhouse, Ophelia, 1889
source
xxxx

4 comments:

  1. Woooow, omg when I read this and saw that you referenced me, I completely freaked out! Thanks so much xx

    This was a great blog post! I knew it would be the moment I saw Miranda Priestly at the top. I completely agree with you- who says that florals have to be just for women? Anyone who wants to wear them should be able to without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I love the pictures and Miranda Priestly FTW

    Aida
    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures. Flowers just make me so happy. x

    Melissa
    http://wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.