SIXTEEN WITH BRACES

I know that I haven't updated in a while, but don't worry, I haven't exactly been up to much.

I guess something that is quite big news is the fact that I got my bottom row of braces on Thursday. I was gonna get really depressed about it, but on the ride home from the orthodontist I turned on the radio in the car and 'Keep Your Head Up' by Ben Howard was playing, and it really cheered me up.

Also, I figured that if Gwen Stefani can work braces then why the hell can't I?


Gwen Stefani is a real inspiration - not just because she had an amazing band, went on to have a successful solo career and doesn't seem to age, but because she had braces comme moi, and while she could have cowered away from the press with embarrassment (not many people of her age have braces), but instead she decided to be confident and show a full set of train tracks with unadulterated joy, and that's the sort of confidence I want to have in myself.

There are a billion songs I could have used to end this post, but last night I had a dream that I was a distant relative of Johnny Flynn and we ended up hanging out at poetry readings, parks and art galleries, plus this song is simply gorgeous.

So press play, close your eyes and embrace the glorious quality of Johnny Flynn's voice singing 'Lost and Found' (plus you should totally buy his albums, they're AMAZING):



xxxx

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH braces! I got mine when I was sixteen and after FOUR YEARS they are FINALLY coming off next week.
    At first they really suck, but it gets easier. Just smile, and don't cover your mouth with your hand! I did that waaay to often and it's kind of stupid. :)

    xx Pie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to go to poetry readings! keep your head up is the perfect song to listen to when you feel a bit bummed out. i hope your braces aren't too uncomfortable. i had mine for two years shed j ended up missing them when i got them out haha.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.