SUMMERTIME, AND THE LIVING IS EASY

It's been insanely sunny for the first week of the whole year, so I've spent a lot of time recently just chilling with my friends in the park (and as a consequence of it, getting a bit of a tan) and just generally being complete dorks (observe exhibit A below)
Photo: God these girls are just too cool :')

My main problem is that when the sun is out there is a part of me that only wants to listen to cute, acoustic music, but the other half wants to listen to proper 'sound up, windows down' style music.

So here's a post with the two representatives of the two types of music, and you can make your own decision on which style is better during the summer.

My first choice is an adorable duet by folk singer/songwriter's Laura Marling and Johnny Flynn. While both Flynn and Marling are working on new albums set for release in 2013, this song from 2010 is an old favourite of mine, and is a great song to listen to while sitting under the shade of a tree and letting your mind wander.



My second choice is not so thought provoking, to say the least, but is a song from my childhood, and was partly inspired by a video I found of Tom Hiddleston* rapping it in an interview: Miami by Will Smith


*if you don't know who he is, then you seriously need to find out. Or ask anyone on Tumblr.

xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.